First, a few progress notes on this week's list:
1. I did finish the back of Forestry, and instead of starting on the sleeves I decided to go ahead and get started on the front pieces. I found an error in the pattern - which I probably shouldn't be too surprised about - but it's a minor one. I'm ready to start the coin cables, but am trying to decide if I should do the front pieces both at the same time before I do that.
2. I finished one end of MS4 on time, but am only half way through Clue 1 on the second end. The good news is that there are no beads on today's clue, which means I should fly right through it. Much as I love beading, it does seriously slow me down. (Which, incidentally, is also part of why I love it.)
3. I still feel very overwhelmed with the pantry - so much so that I haven't been able to start yet. Ugh.
4. The condolence letter was sent yesterday. I kept it simple and straight from the heart, and I didn't let myself linger too long over it. I'm not sure if I'll get the second one done. I have too much that I want to be knitting right now!
5. & 6. Are doing fairly well, but not perfect. I am a girl, and it's been a girl week with girl needs for girl naps and girl chocolate. Enough said.
7. No progress, and even a bit of regression. With cooler weather comes the joy of lingering in a warm bed. Drat.
8. I've made progress with the girls' closets, but am still feeling rather overwhelmed with the mountains of clothes they've collected. I hope to finish up tomorrow, though.
9. Wheel's coming out today! I'm going to ply samples from my alpaca singles so that I can decide how I want to finish them out.
Also, a few random comments about this week:
1. P.E.O. has officially started up again for the fall. I happen to be the president of Chapter FA right now, which is THE most wonderful chapter in the world. We had a meeting last night, and it was such a joy to spend time with everyone.
2. An interesting side note. Many of my P.E.O. sisters last night were amazed with how much better I looked, and how much more energy I seemed to have. It's a reaction I'm starting to see a lot. I'm still amazed myself. Acupuncture is the best thing I've done for myself in a long, long time.
3. A friend pointed out that my closet purge really didn't pose that much of a loss since I couldn't wear any of that stuff anyway. She's right...and I'm amazed at how much better I feel about my closet right now. (And as the only uncluttered place in the house at the moment, I'm considering moving in there.)
4. I signed up for the PTA, but I don't think I'm going to participate. I have enough on my plate.
5. Malls should not close the play areas for repairs early in the morning. Ridiculous.
6. I hope to have progress pictures up this weekend for several projects. Likewise, I have a very special post coming up soon about something wonderful that happened this week.