Yesterday I sat down with my quilt and at long last sewed down the binding.
Big sigh of relief, it is done....and I actually enjoyed the process!
I do like handsewing...I just don't do it often because it is very slow, and I have so very many other things I want to do.
And today I tested it out for a bit of reading and a brief nap. I"m quite happy to report that it works beautifully!
Thanks again, Mom, for doing 99% of the work!
In other weekend news:
- I took the girls to see Beauty and the Beast in 3D. For me it was a real joy to share one of my favorites in the theater with my girls. However, some movies just shouldn't be made into 3D. It brought nothing to the film and did some weird things with perspective. It also highlighted static background filler, which made for an odd viewing experience for me.
- Knitting-free weekends are going to be a very good idea. In addition to working on the quilt, I also got a lot of reading done. Different is good.
- Plans are in place to complete another of my Feb. Finishing projects this week.
- I really, really love going to church! My congregation is wonderful.
- Both girls had a playdate today. Total win for everyone.
- I'm skipping the Super Bowl in favor of Downton Abby. Also total win.