The Ghosts of Valentine's Past



If you are very lucky, you will have been touched by people who have taught you what it is to be loved.

As I think about the relationship I have with my husband - who truly is the perfect partner for me - I am mindful that a Sean would never have happened if it weren't for my past relationships.

I was so, so blessed to have been loved and cared for by two separate groups of boys during my formative years.  In high school I had a boyfriend, best friend and adopted big brother.  In college it was a group of four (Sean was one of them.)  who took me on as a token female..only to quickly become family.  I could write a book about what I gained from each and every one of those relationships...and actually I just might do that one day.  Suffice it to say - for now - that the older I get the more I recognize just how lucky I was to have had such a solid foundation for my current life.

On this Valentine's Day, I want to say thank you to those men...for being who you are, for loving and caring for me, for keeping me safe, and most of all for showing me exactly what I needed from life and love.

I hope my girls are lucky enough to find your counterparts some day.

And,
 Happy Valentine's Day Sean.
I Love You!

Comments

Brian Q. said…
And thank YOU for those great times as well. You really helped me get through some crazy years!
Unknown said…
We've had a wonderful past and present together. And I look forward to the long, wonderful future together!
Leciawp said…
What a beautiful, thoughtful post.

Popular Posts