Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Gentle and Quiet

Way back between the trees on the path, if you squint and look very closely, you can see Sean and our Princess on their very first Daddy-Daughter run this last weekend.  They made it 2.4 miles, and both had a fabulous time.
 
  • I've started exercising again.  I'm trying to follow my doctor's advice, which is to start out as gently as possible - with walking and some yoga.  Weight lifting and more strenuous stuff is off the table for a while because my body is still adjusting to my allergy diet. 
  • It's hard enough to get enough calories when you are eating nothing but rabbit food...for now I don't need to push.
  • My doctor has told me that I need patience.  I'm not particularly good at that.
  • This week is an interesting week for me.  My extra kids are with their grandmother all week because of parent-teacher conferences, and my own kids are only in school for three days.
  • I spent ALL of yesterday at Starbucks, happily camped out in my favorite chair with my knitting.
  • Today I'm spending all day at home - and hopefully I'll get some things done this afternoon.
  • Tomorrow morning I'm getting my hair cut...and then, who knows?
  • I think I needed the wee break.  There has been a lot of stress for the last month or so.
  • Oddly enough, I've not had much to say for the last few days.  My restful time appears to also be a quiet time.
  • I received a present in the mail a few days ago, which I absolutely adore.  Once I get an official thank you in the mail, I will share it with you all. 
  • I still don't have much to say....time to go knit. 

2 comments:

Shelda said...

Sounds like a good week! Enjoy!

And I'm envious of a day at Starbuck's. Maybe during spring break I could do that too.

I got a little present too. Very neat. I suspect it might be similar, maybe even from the same source.

A Day That is Dessert said...

I hope you're feeling better this week. A full day at Starbucks sounds like a good start. How is the exercising going? What do you think of your haircut?