This is actually from a brief snow last month. My apologies for an inaccurately dated picture, but I was feeling rather too lazy this morning to take new ones. Besides, it's still snowing!
We woke up to a what promises to be the first significant snow of the year...and multiple texts from the school district announcing a snow day.
I've been absent for the last several days because I've been reading. I've been reading in the sort of book-binge/all-absorbing way that I used to be able to indulge in all of the time. Then I had kids. And a grown up life. It's rare to allow myself the luxury these days, but I'm so glad I did. I really needed it. My book list at the end of the month is going to be rather lengthy!
Of course, while I was 'gone' my girls managed to completely destroy the house. My husband was sick, and with both of us otherwise occupied I'm afraid they rather ran amuck for a few days. Adding to that horror...my grandmother and parents came up for a visit yesterday, and saw the disaster. I'm rather embarrassed, but it is what it is.
Which is why today we are cleaning instead of playing.
In other news:
- I have a special post to put up later today...I hope you all enjoy it. There will be a companion piece tomorrow. Both are intensely personal, but I feel like it is something I want to share as they both will honor a book and an author who have helped to shape my life.
- I am nearing completion on my embroidery piece, and may try to do that this afternoon.
- I've been angry a lot lately, which is part of why I've been so silent. None of it needs to be shared, and anger does not make a good writing companion. I'm not yet all better, but I'm getting there. If there is one thing I've learned, it's that I simply must honor those ugly feelings by letting myself experience them if I have any hope of working through whatever problem lurks behind.
- My parents don't notice a bad smell at all from the Jacob wool. This is a serious problem.
- I now have a flock of goldfinches at my birdfeeders. This is new, and very exciting!
All for now...I hope you are all enjoying your day, with all that it is bringing to you!