Snow Day

This is actually from a brief snow last month.  My apologies for an inaccurately dated picture, but I was feeling rather too lazy this morning to take new ones.  Besides, it's still snowing!

We woke up to a what promises to be the first significant snow of the year...and multiple texts from the school district announcing a snow day.

I've been absent for the last several days because I've been reading.  I've been reading in the sort of book-binge/all-absorbing way that I used to be able to indulge in all of the time.  Then I had kids.  And a grown up life.  It's rare to allow myself the luxury these days, but I'm so glad I did.  I really needed it.  My book list at the end of the month is going to be rather lengthy!

Of course, while I was 'gone' my girls managed to completely destroy the house.  My husband was sick, and with both of us otherwise occupied I'm afraid they rather ran amuck for a few days.  Adding to that horror...my grandmother and parents came up for a visit yesterday, and saw the disaster.  I'm rather embarrassed, but it is what it is.

Which is why today we are cleaning instead of playing. 

In other news:
  • I have a special post to put up later today...I hope you all enjoy it.  There will be a companion piece tomorrow.  Both are intensely personal, but I feel like it is something I want to share as they both will honor a book and an author who have helped to shape my life.
  • I am nearing completion on my embroidery piece, and may try to do that this afternoon.
  • I've been angry a lot lately, which is part of why I've been so silent.  None of it needs to be shared, and anger does not make a good writing companion.  I'm not yet all better, but I'm getting there.  If there is one thing I've learned, it's that I simply must honor those ugly feelings by letting myself experience them if I have any hope of working through whatever problem lurks behind.
  • My parents don't notice a bad smell at all from the Jacob wool.  This is a serious problem.
  • I now have a flock of goldfinches at my birdfeeders.  This is new, and very exciting!
All for now...I hope you are all enjoying your day, with all that it is bringing to you!

Comments

Leciawp said…
I hope you're feeling better. Can you try and lengthen your workout? - it may help get out some of the anger/frustration.

Popular Posts