(Not-So) Lazy Days of Summer

This is what I wish I could have been doing this week!




I have spent most of the week working to get the kids and the house in order for the 2011-12 school year, which for us will begin on August 18th. It's going to be a big year for us. The Pixie will start kindergarten, my Princess enters the gifted program, my lovely borrowed kiddos will be back in the afternoons, and I will start working with a trainer again. Also, we are in the process of rescheduling our missed vacation sometime in the next few months. I'm sure you can imagine the type of prep work all of this requires!


Plus, and I'm ashamed to admit this, the heat finally got to all of us about a week ago, which has created a rather odd lethargic state for all of us. You know it's bad when the girls would rather stay home and clean their rooms rather than go to the pool!

Which is why the Green Woman and I have been silent. My apologies for not putting up a quick note to warn you of our absence earlier in the week. (I know that we have family members who read my blog regularly and worry when they don't hear from me a few times every week.) Posts are likely to be spotty until we settle into the routine of the school year.

Comments

Leciawp said…
I hope it cools off soon! That sounds hard.

And kindergarten! That's a big deal - for all of you! And yay for working with a trainer again!

Popular Posts