Monday

Today I:


  • Woke early after the first good night of sleep I've had in months.

  • Celebrated that good night by actually writing in my journal for a bit.

  • Wished that I had packed my camera along when I saw my girls walk into the school together, hand in hand.

  • Met my new personal trainer, who is exactly the sort of trainer I wanted.

  • Remembered how wonderful those tough workouts could be...as evidenced by the fact that I got the giggles half way through when the endorphins kicked in.

  • Left the gym feeling all shaky and weak....and very, very happy.

  • Bought a whole cart full of 'fun' foods to jazz up my girls' lunches.

  • Laughed at the dogs' failed attempt to get into the new trashcan.

  • Made a little boy very happy by fixing his favorite lunch.

  • Made a baby laugh by changing her poopy diapers. Who knew that could be so funny?!

  • Snuggled both of my borrowed children, appreciating them greatly.

  • Caught up on a few of my favorite podcasts.

  • Was proud of my eldest daughter when I heard her own up to one of her shortcomings.

  • Worried about my youngest's adjustment to school.

  • Tried out my new mandolin kitchen slicer. How, oh how?! did I ever live without one?!

  • Made Remy's Ratatouille. It was quite possibly the most beautiful food I've ever made.

  • Took pictures of said dish. I am so not a food photographer.

  • Laughed over the fact that I made cartoon food because the idea of cartoon food has been a running joke in our household for YEARS.

  • Worked on my scrapbook blanket quite a bit. Good for the soul.

  • Snuggled two little girls as they got ready for bed....adding some extra love to help ease them through the transition.

It was a very ordinary and very good day.

Comments

Unknown said…
Don't forget:

Made a husband very happy just by being wonderful!
Leciawp said…
It sounds like a wonderful day...and you sound like you're doing really well. xo
Paula said…
I love the image of your girls walking into school hand in hand. Thanks for this glimpse into a beautiful ordinary day.

Popular Posts