There's A Big Pink Thing Blocking On My Floor

A Sneak Peek...




  • Tune in tomorrow to see the above item!


  • Hint - the yarn is handspun, and now that I've done a project with my handspun I feel like chucking all of my store-bought yarn in favor of only working with handspun from now on.


  • Just kidding!


  • I have some nice yarn...yarn which must be used.

Moving On




  • Confession time.


  • After managing to stay on my allergy diet for six weeks following the diagnosis, I made the very poor decision to eat what I wanted through the holidays. I will not bore you with the details of my struggles since then. Honestly, I am fairly sick of the whole topic myself!


  • The one thing I will say, though, is that I feel like I've been grieving. After all, I lost a lot.


  • But I gained a whole lot, too, and I'm happy to report that I've been 'clean' for the last week, and I feel amazing!


  • I have learned some things. I now can pinpoint which foods cause which reactions, and I fully understand why I'll never be able to cheat on this diet. I also have a new found sympathy and understanding for people who fight addiction problems.


  • There will be an essay soon..and then I promise to shut my trap and not mention any of this anymore!


  • One last thing -I went looking for a food allergy magazine, and discovered one called "Living Without."


  • You've got to be kidding me.

Spring Break!




  • I live in a college town where Spring Break is practically a religious institution...right up there with Christmas.


  • Normally, this annoys me.


  • However, this year we are planning on going to see my parents so that we can play with the lambs all week.


  • I have to admit that the thought of a week where someone else is mostly in charge is a fabulous thing. I see lots of knitting, spinning and reading.....


  • My poor husband has to stay home and work.

  • The wrinkle - my parents both came down with some sort of nasty bug last week and are currently trying to fight it off. We were supposed to leave today, but are now in a holding pattern until they are well enough for company.

  • Vacation curse on our family? I think the facts speak for themselves.

All for now!

Comments

Paula said…
You do seem to have a curse with vacations. At least you have a lovely pink lace shawl on your floor as consolation. And baby lambs to look forward to!
Bonnie said…
The Big Pink Thing looks pretty!
Leciawp said…
I hope your parents are feeling better soon, and that you all enjoy this holiday-almost-as-good-as-Christmas.

Popular Posts