Sunday, March 27, 2011

Socks!

First, a wee bit of stash enhancement - thanks to True Blue Fiber Friends. I had no intention to buy any more sock yarn, BUT when the opportunity to gain a whole bunch of store credit arose I decided to spend it on this happy bunch. (I had an old skein of ugly what-was-I-thinking silk laceweight that I traded in. They needed it so that knitters preparing for a lace knit-along could swatch and practice with silk. There will be more on that later.)


From left to right - Frog Tree Pediboo, Dream In Color Smooshy and Ellen's Half-Pint Merino. There has been no change on Fiesta Feet since last we met. Half way through the first one I knew these were potentially going to take all year. No Worries! I did start another pair of Opal Memory basic socks. Why? I simply cannot exist without a basic pair of socks on the needles. It comes in handy in so many ways! Besides the pink is beyond gorgeous.
My March socks have stalled a wee bit. (Scent of Lavender) No reason, I just got distracted by the shawl I showed you the other day. I still should be able to finish them by the end of the month to stay on track.
I did take a moment to do my mini's for the two most recently completed pairs of socks. I have realized that the most important thing is to preserve the yarn - and not the pattern - so I may give up trying to translate the difficult patterns into miniature.

Next up - Cookie A's Monkeys. Those of you who are knitters will understand how odd it is that I - a dedicated sock knitter - have never tried a pair. There's a reason for that. The original pattern is done in a gauge that is too loose for my liking. When Cookie A. republished the pattern with new sizes (in her new book Knit.Sock.Love.) I rejoiced. Monkeys would be mine at last! And because I am in a mood...I'm shooting for TWO PAIR this month! Note - the sock yarn on the left is the brand new skein from above, and the sock yarn on the right has been in the stash forever. It's just good balance.

2 comments:

Kelley said...

OMG! I am planning on casting on my first pair of Fiesta Socks this week. Even though you have stalled a bit, it was great to see someone I know knitting them.

Shelda said...

That Pediboo is flippin' GORGEOUS! I am now officially jealous ;)