It's next to impossible for me to resist African violets when I find them on sale!
It's been a while since I've done random, so I thought I would indulge today.
- The reason that this particular marriage works as well as it does is because both my husband and I fully recognize and understand the fact that we are both intensely private people who need lots of time alone.
- Really, it's a miracle either of us married at all given how much solitude we need...or had children for that matter.
- I'm intensely grateful, though, that we've made it work so beautifully!
- And look at the crazy, interesting children we got out of the mix....life is certainly NOT dull.
- Happy Belated Birthday to my BKB, Jenn. You're the best, and I'm so glad we are friends!
- The honeymoon period with the allergy diagnosis is over and now the real work begins.
- I'm back to seeing my acupuncturist, which is helping considerably. As I've often said, I don't know how it works or why, but I don't care because I know that it does.
- I've been assured that the type of large-scale lifestyle change I've had to make can take up to two years to fully settle in to. That's reassuring.
- 'Nuff said on that topic.
- Just so you know...cows? not real bright.
- Our sheep are getting FAT.
- We're taking bets on how many babies there will be.
- We'll be doing the shearing on the 19th, and I've got my parents convinced (yay me!) to have the wool professionally processed this first time.
- I have a crazy number of knitting projects - mostly socks - on the needles right now, and for some strange reason I'm ok with that.
- I'm not getting a whole lot 'done' but I am getting to play much more than I normally do.
- In fact, I think I'm going to make 'playing' the theme of all of my creative endeavors over the next few months.
- Perhaps I've gotten a bit bogged down in the knitting as 'work?'
- Llamas are perhaps the funniest creatures I've ever been around.
- Seriously, they have to be involved in everything, and yet they want you to think that they care about nothing.
- Plus, they look funny when they run.
- And, llama hugs are really sweet.
Have a great week everyone!