Almost Done...

Or, How To Freak Out The Non-Knitters. All of the ends have been sewn in and the steeks have been stabilized and cut.
Isn't it funny how much we love to show off the backside of our knitting?
Then again, that was another important part of my handwork education as a child....the back side should always be every bit as neat and pretty as the front, no matter what kind of crafting you are doing.
Today's agenda includes seaming the shoulders, sewing in the sleeves and knitting the edgings. Hopefully I'll also have time to add on the embroidery so that I can then wash and block both sweaters. I had hoped to talk the girls into letting me do buttons, but they want zippers instead. (To be fair, this is what the original pattern calls for.) That scares me a wee bit...but I shall soldier on!
And then I shall have two beautiful sweaters to show off to my guild next Tuesday night!

Comments

Leciawp said…
Wow! I don't know where you find the time and energy. I'm starting to understand your love of audio books...
Paula said…
Beautiful! I can't wait to see the girls in their sweaters. You have reminded me of a sweater I saw in the current LL Bean catalog that that had a stranded yoke and the stranded work was on the right side. Somehow I don't believe that is going to go mainstream.
Bonnie said…
It's going to be beautiful!

The current Interweave Knits (Winter 2010) has an article on no-sew zippers, by TECHknitter. Haven't read it yet, so can't comment other than it looks interesting.

Popular Posts