But Before We Get To The Fun Stuff...

It's a good thing the Green Woman LOVES a secret, or I would be in real trouble for agreeing to do another sample piece for the designer I occasionally knit for.

Sadly, I can tell you absolutely nothing about the project right now...except that I need to finish it up in the next couple of days. What I can tell you, though, is that the yarn is lovely. It's a blend of 90% cotton and 10% cashmere - a combination which sounds really odd, but winds up being a treat to knit with. It's butter soft, produces a nice, cushy fabric, and surprisingly enough (considering it's construction of many tiny filaments which are very loosely plied) it doesn't split at all.
The color is odd...a yellow that picks up the light and colors from it's environment so completely that after working with it for the last several days I'm still not entirely sure what type of yellow it is. Honestly, it's ranged from a soft butter yellow to an nauseating acid/neon to an interesting lemongrass. It's not a color I would pick....but it does fascinate this knitter!
I can't really spill the beans on the name of this yarn...yet another secret...but one of these days I promise to tell you all about it!
Now, back to the knitting.

Comments

Anne P said…
Tease. :)

It actually sounds a lot like the Rowan Cashcotton, only that has a little bit of nylon in it too. That's one of my favorite yarns these days. I'll be anxious to hear more about this one.
Leciawp said…
Sounds as if you're going to be busy - looking forward to seeing the results!
Paula said…
I have some similar yarn in my stash--but with out the cashmere. I'm waiting to see what you do with it. You may be my muse for this stash.

Popular Posts