10

A few weeks ago I had a conversation with my Grandmother about marriage. The subject of my anniversary had come up, and Gram - who was one half of the happiest marriage I've ever known - reflected that it was really good that we were passing out of our first decade of marriage. 'Things get so much easier after the first 10 years', she declared, and I could tell that she meant it with all her heart.

When I reported the conversation to my husband a few days later, there was a little pause after I shared Gram's wisdom. We then looked at each other and started to laugh. 'But it's never been hard at all!' we both said, and we meant it with all of our hearts.

Happy 10th Anniversary to my Dearest!

Comments

joyknits said…
Yay - congratulations!!!
Leciawp said…
Such a wonderful story. Happy anniversary!!
quantumtea said…
Happy anniversary! When we were doing our pre-marriage counselling they told us the first decade was the worst. The first year pretty much stunk but it's got a lot better since then. 15 years next August for us!
margene said…
Congratulations on 10 happy years!

Popular Posts