The computer problem that has been plaguing me has finally hit the end point. Basically, my laptop is no longer recognizing the power cord, and so I am now without my personal computer. This happened about a year or so ago, and at the time my husband convinced Dell to send me a new cord for free. That's not going to happen again, and although cords don't cost all that much in the grand scheme of things, they don't fit into our current holiday budget.
What this means for me is that I can not get to my email, photos, iTunes or personal files. I can use my husband's computer to blog (without pics), use ravelry and browse the Internet. It's a strange set of limitations...but it is what it is, and I'll have to adjust for now.
In the meantime, here's my list for the week!
First, the review of last week:
- Healthy living fell to the flu. I'm still having trouble with a dicey tummy, and so for now I'm just doing the best that I can. In fact, I'm giving myself a break through the holidays because I really don't need one more thing to stress about.
- Feb. girl sweater is finished!
- I had the flu for the guild meeting, so I almost don't mind that I didn't finish Ripples In Time....almost.
- The flu took out a lot of things on my list. 4. was the deep clean, but I have to say that the house really isn't that bad. 6. and 9. (holiday schedule and menu planning) also went down the tubes. The first seems to be under control anyway, and we're just winging it with the second. 7. and 8., (making ornaments and putting together my bead necklace) were just not possible, and I may have to let go of both for now.
- The decorating is done! I have pictures to show, but, well....
And this week's list:
- Clean, clean, clean, clean...
- I do need to plan the holiday menu. We've already decided that we will not be having a formal sit-down Christmas dinner, but will instead just have a nice spread that people can be eating on whenever the mood strikes them. My husband and I are very excited and are planning on coming up with an all-new menu!*
- I have one sewing project that I hope to take care of today - mostly because I would like to put the sewing machine away asap so that I can reclaim the desk space in my bedroom!
- Clean out the workbasket. I have a lot of finishing to do - none of which will take much time. I just happen to like to do it all at once, and so I save it up. The list includes sewing in ends on two hats, a pair of socks and a sweater, repairing a hole in a shawl and transforming an old project into something new and cool.
- Take the girls to see Santa!
- Reorganize the stash. The baskets in the corner are bugging me.
- I have something very exciting coming up this week....more about that later!
- Take time to journal. I think I've just had to accept that in the winter I like to hibernate a bit, and my morning time just isn't happening. I have a whole bunch of things I want to write about, and I just need to make time to make it happen.
- Finish Ripples In Time - which is the last 'must-finish' Christmas present I have to do.
- Organize projects for the Princess's school vacation.
- Help the girls make their Christmas presents for the family.
* Yes, this does mean that we've spoken with everyone and Christmas is officially at our house. It was actually considerably less painful than we expected it to be, which is a very good thing. Someday maybe I'll tell you about the family drama.
Have a great week everyone!