Inspiration Sunday

It's no secret that I love old things. Old things have memory, and stories, and secrets.

On the day after Thanksgiving, the women in my family made our second annual trek to Urban Arts & Crafts. It's a magical place, filled with all sorts of lovely crafting supplies and unique handmade gifts. They have a little bit of everything - from beading to paper crafts - with enough to truly create something wonderful, but not so much that you are overwhelmed. (Traditional bead stores, for example, scare the tar out of me.) I've enjoyed each and every trip there - but it's probably a good thing that it's almost three hours away from my home!

We found Urban Arts & Crafts last year, and at the time I was very drawn to these rings. This year, I decided to treat myself to one. I've worn it almost daily since, and find myself often admiring it on my hand. My ring is made of an 18th century button, and not only is it beautiful but it also leads my imagination on the most interesting flights of fancy.

Who knows...I may have to start haunting the local antique stores and flea markets for buttons...

Comments

Bonnie said…
That's a lovely ring. I think I'd wear it every day, too!

A beautiful, well-made button can be a real work of art.
Anonymous said…
This is really a lovely ring.
Leciawp said…
That is really beautiful, and what a neat story!

Popular Posts