Monday Meanderings - One Last Week!

  • As you may have inferred from the title....I am ready for school to start.
  • The sooner, the better.
  • Before school starts, I have to buy fish for the girls.
  • Note to parents: Do NOT promise your children - say - fish for keeping their rooms clean all summer. Children are smarter than they may appear, and they do NOT forget.
  • I should have known this.
  • Mom and Gram say I deserve it.
  • We actually have big news! Starting next Monday, I will be babysitting a two year old little boy and his baby sister (just two months old!) for a friend of mine who is a super-fabulous music teacher at one of our elementary schools.
  • She is also my fellow 'Dancing Queen.'
  • I would not have considered this step if not for three crucial facts.
  • First, the Pixie is going to be in preschool three mornings/week - giving me some much needed time alone to get things done - and my friend only needs me in the afternoon.
  • Two, my friend - besides being one of those gems that you treasure - happens to be a very calm, laid back parent who is not at all going to be difficult to work for.
  • And three, she's ok with the fact that this will probably be the only year I can do this as I'm not sure yet what's going to happen when the Pixie goes to kindergarten next year.
  • It's going to take a bit more attention to organization and schedule than I normally tend to...but it should be exciting!
  • I've had a headache for the last two days....so if I sound a bit cranky, you'll know why.
  • We're all very happy my husband is home from his vacation.
  • I didn't sleep while he was away this time...which is probably part of why I've had a headache.
  • And a mean sugar craving.
  • Geneen Roth was on Oprah today....and I was highly annoyed with how little Oprah let her speak.
  • I mention Geneen because I do think she's brilliant, and I love her writings on food, emotions and body-image. I've been thinking about her a lot lately as I contemplate the next steps in my road to health.
  • My ultimate goal is not necessarily about a number on the scale. In fact, my goal is to live completely w/o scales at a 'happy weight' a la Geneen or Oh She Glows.
  • This is all leading to a discussion which may have to be a post of it's own. I've had a lot of time to think lately......
  • I've also had a lot of time to knit.
  • Knitting is good.
  • Spinning is good as well.
  • I have clever, clever fingers.
  • I also have a bunch of happy knitting projects right now, a pile of happy spinning fiber and a quiet space of my own in which to play with them all.
  • Life is good!
  • A few days ago I had a long email conversation with one of my oldest friends - someone who has been a big brother of sorts since I was 14 years all and who (like my husband) loves me warts and all. I started by asking him what he had always thought I would do 'when I grew up.' The resulting conversation was rather enlightening...and has given me even more to think about.
  • This is a completely random thought....I recently bought a new airplane/spider plant for my kitchen. It's huge and beautiful and has about a million babies shooting off of it. Would you believe it drinks an entire pitcher of water every week! That's a lot!
  • Another randomish - I'm going to sign up for Boot Camp at the gym. It sounds like a lot of fun...and will help give me the kick in the pants I need right now.
  • The headache is getting worse....so I think this will be all for today.

Have a great week everyone!

Comments

Justine Rogers said…
I miss you and I love you. That's all.
Leciawp said…
So glad your husband is home.

You promised them fish?! That sounds like a story... my briberies are so much more mundane.

xoxo

Popular Posts