For Love Of Etsy

I love Etsy.

It's a very, very good thing.

And, as the knit designer finally paid me via paypal, I decided to reward myself with a few new things! My new favorite Etsy store is Greenwood Fiber Works. I absolutely adore Caroline's colors! This is a 50/50 blend of merino and tencel (a favorite blend of mine to spin) in the color "Gentle Breeze." It's a very quiet colorway.....which is unusual for handpainted fiber.
What truly sold me, though, was that Caroline had two braids available - for a total of 8 oz. It seems as if it's difficult to get handpainted fiber in more than 4 oz. batches, so I snapped it up immediately.
I also bought 8 oz. of Rosewood. In person it's softer than it appears to be in the photos....another delicate, beautiful color. (I had actually gone to Etsy looking for pinks...and this was my favorite!)
And as I like to give credit where credit is due....I had email from Greenwood less than three hours after I finalized the purchase, letting me know that it was already in the mail. My fiber arrived two days later in absolutely perfect condition. I will definitely be shopping here again!
Disgusted by a lack of good laceweight here in town, I also went looking for silk laceweight on Etsy. To my surprise, I discovered that Jennie the Potter was producing handpainted yarn in exactly the tone on tone style I was looking for. (I've lusted after her pottery for ages...and didn't know she was doing yarn!)
This skein jumped right out at me - called "Lager" in her "Homebrew" colors, online it appeared to be a soft sage green with gold undertones instead of the usual silver.
In person it turned out to be a crazy gold with green and orange tinges - much more vibrant than I had expected. It's always a risk buying yarn and fiber online for that very reason, but this time the result was a million times better than I had expected...even if not at all meeting my expectations. (Odd...)
The yarn reminds me of old gold...and I have the perfect beads and pattern to match. Tune in next week to see what happens.....

Comments

Bonnie said…
That Lager colorway is gorgeous, and the beads are a beautiful complement. Can't wait to see what transpires!

Popular Posts