It's Monday! You Know What That Means.



  • I'm going to take the slightly unusual step of NOT discussing crafty goodness today, because I actually have quite a bit of it to share with you this week!
  • Including....the most perfect scarf ever made....sigh....so pretty....
  • I will tell you about one of my crazy neurosises (neuroses? neurosi?) (ok, I give...I don't know how to spell that word, or the plural)
  • Ahem.
  • I hate hand stamps. With a passion. Can't stand 'em. Make my skin crawl. Doesn't matter where they come from or why. Icky.
  • We went to Bonkers this AM with my BKB and her kids - think giant habitrail for kids - and they do security hand stamps. It's a great thing - no kid leaves w/o the adult who bares the matching stamp. But ugh...that stamp...
  • I've always been this way....was even a fairly fastidious kid....and am grossed out when the girls get them.
  • Yep, it's nutty. My husband thinks it's just weird.
  • I told him that if that was the craziest thing I did today than we were gold.
  • Moving on.
  • My eldest child has decided that she likes EVERYTHING about the Tooth Fairy.
  • The Tooth Fairy - being caught unprepared - was grateful that my husband had some Sacajawea gold coins in his office. (Near whoops.)
  • My eldest child showed what a gem she truly is by sharing one of her two new coins with her baby sister.
  • Who then has pestered us every since by asking when she will loose a tooth.
  • I don't remember teeth being this big of a deal, but then I was terrorized by an evil dentist who pulled all of my baby teeth for me in a misguided attempt to make room for my big teeth.
  • I spent my childhood with a mouth full of stitches and my adulthood has been devastated with a fear of dentists bordering on a true phobia.
  • Nope, it didn't save me any time on braces.
  • That dentist pulled my brother's top four front and bottom four front teeth all on the same day.
  • My parents were in Haiti on a church mission when that happened...and it was three days before Thanksgiving.
  • I am therefore eternally grateful that my children adore their dentist!
  • We went school shopping on Sunday.
  • I wish I needed school supplies.....
  • My husband leaves tomorrow night for GenCon. Though we will miss him, I am very happy that he's able to take this vacation. Hopefully, he'll be able to go more often now that he has a much better job.
  • I spent all of my personal funds in the last year on training, but perhaps next year I need to set some aside for a trip of some sort of my own.
  • Can't afford the trips I really want....but I could come up with something!
  • Hopefully we won't always wind up in the position we're in now - which is that my parents can't help me this week for various reasons and my in-laws are out of town.
  • BKB's are good things to have. (That's Best Knitting Buddy for those of you who haven't heard me use that term before.)
  • I didn't work out much last week. I just didn't feel like it.
  • However, I did sign up to run the Roots & Blues 10K again this year, which means as of today I can't skimp on any more workouts.
  • I have some theories about why my workouts and eating habits have been so lax this summer. It's not important enough to discuss.
  • I have my first ever adult tan. I know you are not supposed to tan, and I know that sun damage is to be feared (especially when you are fish-belly white as I am) but I can't help but be awfully pleased with how I look right now.
  • I am also awfully pleased with church lately. The girls are stellar when we go, and it has once again become my place of refuge.
  • There aren't enough words to express how wonderful the people in my congregation are.
  • I could, however, do without the two new hymn books and be completely happy.
  • I can't do without chocolate. I tried. It made me crazy.

Have a great week everyone!

Comments

Paula said…
Your Monday thoughts always make me think...and laugh. Always interesting.
Leciawp said…
I hope you don't ever discontinue your Monday posts. Always love them! Leaving town shortly; I'll catch up again next week. xo

Popular Posts