Thank Goodness For Simple Socks!

I'm so very glad I took everyone's advice a few weeks ago when I was having my little bout of knitting blahs. These basic socks for my husband were the ONLY thing I felt like working on over the last week. Happily, I finished them just as my desire for more exciting projects returned.

I presented them this morning to my husband - with the caveat that he could only have them if I got a picture - which he happily agreed to. Now, they did not look this crazy before he put them on. When they were stretched out to fit, though, we both had to laugh a bit because they are almost seizure-inducing in the pattern they create. You definitely don't want to look at them either too closely or for too long! Good thing they are comfy and cozy!

These are my standard Ann Budd basic pattern on 2.25 mm needles. The yarn is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in the never-ending stash of Bee Stripe that I rather unfortunately bought about five years ago on clearance. (Sorry...too lazy to link to everything today.) I began the project on Feb. 25th and finished on March 19th!

Comments

Leciawp said…
Those are wild looking socks! :) He should definitely wear them to work :)
Bonnie said…
That was a very quick finish to a men's pair of socks! Bee Stripe is the perfect name for the color.

Hope you are feeling better!

Popular Posts