The Monday List

Hershey's favorite perch.
 
Not going to lie.  This particular Monday is going to be a tough one.  After a lovely Spring Break, it's back to reality...and reality is hitting hard.
 
Ah well, routine is good, too.  Give it a few days and the girls and I will be right as rain! 
 
So now that we're back to a normal schedule, let's get back to the regular Monday List. 
 
First, a wrap up of last week's list:
  1. I did finish the center, and am starting on the stripes of the new Hap today.
  2. I did not get anything else done on my cardigan.  I'm afraid that's rather more than I had the energy for last week.
  3. I also didn't do the mini socks.  No excuse.
  4. Decisions have been made...more on that in a moment.
  5. Happy to say, I did play with the lambs
  6. and I played with them some more
  7. and I sat quietly in the barn with them.  It's good for the soul.
  8. The letters were written!
  9. I did not journal.  More on that in a minute, too.
  10. And yes, I did get started on my online class.  Yay me!
And my list for this coming week:
  1. The second Hap is going to take priority for my knitting because it's for a baby shower in a couple of weeks.  Good thing is that it's smaller than the last one I did, so it shouldn't take quite as long.  (I have no idea if mama reads my blog.  She certainly has access to it...but she's busy, and I don't know if this is her thing.  I'm not naming names, and I know multiple pregnant mamas, though.)
  2. I do want to get those mini-socks done.
  3. About that Estonian lace decision.  It occurred to me as I spent time pouring through all of my (many, many) lace books and browsing all of my favorite online sources last week that I'm just not satisfied with anything that anyone else has published right now...which means it's time I get over my fear and start designing something myself.  I have three batches of inexpensive KnitPicks laceweight right now that would be perfect for experimentation.  It's time.  Maybe if I state it publically that'll goad me into actually doing it.  I give you all permission to harass me. 
  4. Back to editing my husband's book. I didn't touch it over spring break - he's got a lot of work to catch up with what I've already done - but I'd like to get the last 10 chapters done asap so that I can move on to other things.
  5. More letters!  Last month I started writing letters for The World Needs More Love Letters, and it was an amazing experience.  I recently received the latest request for letters, and I want to get those done this week.  Seriously people, it takes no time at all...and yet it makes a difference.  I also have at least two personal letters that are a bit overdue. 
  6. Likewise, I'm also going to check out the Camila network in more depth.  Their work is near to my heart because they are addressing a major problem that I was made aware of through my last job.  I may not be able to donate money, but they do have an option to help provide emotional/moral support to the youth they work with...and I'm thinking that might be another good fit for me. 
  7. Journal, Journal, Journal.  I had a bit of an epiphany last night.  I'm avoiding it because there are a couple of topics I need to address, and I'm afraid they will swamp me if I get started with them.  Another example of needing to get over my fear/myself. 
And I think that about wraps it up for the day. 
 
Have a great week everyone!


Comments

Oooh, that last insight was GOOD. I do know that feeling...but oh, dealing with it!

Big hugs from here, and so grateful I got to see you!

Popular Posts