It snowed...I am happy.
This is me sitting by my window in my basement nook....such a gorgeous view, and such a perfect day to sit curled up in my favorite chair with a blanket, a mug of tea, and some knitting.
I'm going to apologize for not posting this last week. I had a wonderful, but very busy week in which I finally caught up with everything that I'd fallen behind on and/or had been hanging over my head for a while. At the same time, it was one of those crazy weeks with multiple appointments and an evolving family schedule. Whew!
So here's what I did and didn't do:
- The gift project is *almost* done. I had a wee panic about the size....this is quite normal for me when doing this sort of project for something new. It was enough to make me delay the finish a bit.
- I didn't toss the stash as thoroughly as usual, but I did spend some time digging through my drawers. I truly don't have as much on hand as I used to.
- The babies! Oh, the babies! I have some ideas now....
- Tanith picked out colors for her mittens, and loved that I let her pick anything she wanted from the Knit Picks Palette drawer.
- No spinning...boo.
- I did start swatching! Yay! Age old problem...getting stitch/inch gauge, but row gauge is way off. Making some decisions today.
- Did not order the Sunday knits yarn. DID spend some time drooling over her patterns. Part of the problem was that I couldn't decide which pattern I liked best.
- I have not started the shark hat.
- Looking for that pattern this AM.
- Have pulled my lace books...but haven't sat with them yet. I know which way I'm leaning, though.
- Haven't touched goodreads. It's going to be a chore...I bought a ton of books for my birthday, and haven't touched it since October or November. Sigh. Delaying....
- I did journal! Yay! It's tough. Our current school schedule makes it all but impossible for me to write first thing in the morning. (I would have to get up between 4:30 and 5 to have the time.) Still working on making this better for me, but I'm happy with the way it's moving.
And for the coming week:
- The gift must be finished!
- I'm notorious for avoiding doing nice things for myself, so my new sweater MUST be put on the needles...the sooner the better.
- I do need to catch up on a few of my Month of Letters letters...I gave myself an ambitious goal this year of two pieces of mail/day. (The official goal is one piece/day that the post office is open.)
- Shark hat? Mittens? One member of my family shall have their wishes fulfilled this week. Probably the small one. The big one just got an awesome sweater and can wait a small while.
- Spin something! Seriously...this is ridiculous.
- Ahem...the rest of the Christmas decorations need to be put away. Let that one sink in for a minute.
- The big thing for the week is that I will be officially going back to 100% compliance with my food allergy/AIP diet...and that's going to be quite a challenge. Thus, it's going to be the last item on the list for today.
Have a great week everyone!