What Turned Out To Be A Sillyish Post

Well Hello Friends!
 
It's been a long while since we've had just a newsy, chatty sort of post...so here it goes!
  • It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...
  • Actually, not so much.  We're having trouble figuring out where to put our tree.  The orange chairs have made our living room extremely comfy...but also pretty crowded in terms of furniture, and our tree is very, very large.
  • There's also the issue of how to put up a tree so that the rather large one-year-old puppy doesn't destroy it....
  • Yeah, I've got nothing.
  • Speaking of the rather large one-year-old puppy, Winston and I have been taking Pet Manners One.  He's doing really, really well for a very, very immature lab with puppy brain. 
  • Seriously...I am proud. 
  • I've only wanted to throttle him during one of our sessions. 
  • Much better than expected.
  • Winston would like you to know that he's very sad that it is now too cold to go swimming.  I'm sad, too.  It is super-fun to watch him swim.
  • I never in a million years thought I would be a dog park sort of girl...but there you go, I am one.
  • It's taken two and a half years, but my cat has finally - FINALLY - figured out that it is her job to sleep on my feet at night.  She's also finally decided to be a snuggle cat.  I cannot even begin to tell you how much I'm enjoying this.
  • I am not enjoying the ongoing battle I'm having with my daughter's cat over my yarn.  Sigh.
  • My children are still fantastic.
  • My husband is also still fantastic. 
  • I'm pretty lucky that way.
  • Enough about them. 
  • I'm still working really hard to get myself back on my allergy diet.  I've cleaned most everything out except for some occasional potatoes, coffee and some chocolate. 
  • ....and tomorrow is the day when that stuff goes away too.  Fingers crossed. 
  • Nope, I really haven't found the peace I so need with my allergies, nor is the depression gone.  It's going to be a long road folks, but I take pride in the fact that I keep putting one foot in front of the other. 
  • There are signs of life returning, which is a blessed, blessed thing. 
  • For example, I'm almost done with that beaded lace shawl.  It was a simple and quick knit, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.  It's beyond good to get back to something I love so much. 
  • I mean, really...I didn't knit lace for almost six months.  Clearly that was a red flag.
  • This is completely random:  My hair is now shorter than it's ever been, making the cowlick I didn't know I had a HUGE pain in my arse.  90% of the time I have a big chunk of hair sticking straight up.  As annoyed as I am, I also think this is pretty funny.
  • Back to the knitting...which is what we were sort of talking about, and is now the tangent I'd like to follow.
  • I like knitting.
  • And with that, this has officially degenerated to silliness on a level that is unacceptable for further writing. 
Have  a great week everyone!

Comments

I love you, you goofy girl! I feel like we were just sitting and chatting...

Popular Posts