The squares on the blanket are done...and I've tucked it away for a while so that I can fully process the emotions involved in finishing such a monumental project.
Also, I would like to actually work on something else!
I'm still thinking about what....but I have some ideas, and there will be two posts about that going up later this week. (Isn't it nice that I will now have stuff to blog about again? The blanket has been amazing....but it did rather make for a dull blog over the last few months.)
There are only two things that need to be done still on the blanket...but both are doozies.
1. I need to finish weaving in the ends on the back side of the blanket. The good news is that it is an easy job, and goes fairly quickly. The bad news is that I admit to having disregarded my own advice, and so I haven't woven in any of the ends since I hit the half way point. Yep...two ends/square on approximately 550-600 squares that need to be taken care of. Whoops!
2. There is an applied i-cord edge that needs to be knit around the entire blanket as a finishing border. That's going to take FOREVER, and I do NOT like to do i-cord. Ugh. My original intent was to only use yarn that I had for this blanket, but after great (extensive, exhaustive) debate I decided that the yarn you see above (Malabrigo sock in Chocolate Amargo) would be the perfect edging. I only have about one skein of it (leftover from two separate projects) and so will probably have to buy another skein. I'm going to wait, though, until I've figured out how far my leftovers are going to get me. (It's entirely possible that I don't have enough of choice B, and it was a one-off that can no longer be found.) I'm not at all looking forward to the i-cord, but...it must be done!
Again, though, the blanket has been put away and I'm going to move on to something else for a while. Not going to lie...that sounds really, really good right now!