Kristin's hens 'n chicks v. the squirrels, Summer 2012 edition, is officially ON.
I will win this year.....
With only two days left in the school year, I thought I would share with you some of our summer plans!
- The girls and I are going to go to Reunion this summer. For those of you who don't belong to our denomination, Reunion is basically a week long church camp. Sean can't join us as he has to work, and this is the first year I've really felt it was doable on my own. The girls are super-excited! Reunion was always a big deal when I was a child, and I'm looking forward to sharing the fun with my girls.
- Of course, we will be signing up for Summer Reading at the library just as soon as the program starts. It is ALWAYS a highlight, even though my girls usually finish it way ahead of schedule. We'll be making weekly trips to the library along with.
- I've also scheduled the girls for Vacation Bible School at a friend's church this summer. Unfortunately, our congregation just isn't big enough to throw a week-long event of the sort I experienced as a child....which is why it's so wonderful that we have access to this particular VBS. We missed last year, and the girls are still annoyed with me for that!
- I will be getting back into my exercise schedule....and will be bribing the kids into the playroom with promises of the pool afterwords. Thank you FIT and the MAC!
- Also, the girls will have swim lessons at some point. Not sure when, though.....
- My parents are already scheming to abduct my girls for weeks on end, and I'm going to let them do it because.....
- I have a fair amount of stuff I'd like to do without the girls around. For example, it's time to clean out our storage area again (I'm in the mood to purge.) and I really need to get serious about painting a couple of rooms.
- Summer is when I spin....and look for a picture tomorrow of what I'll be working on this year. It makes me giddy just to think about it!
- I'm also going to get the sewing back out for another crack at it. I did buy fabric last year for a couple of bags that I really want. This is another of those things that it's best to do when the girls aren't around.
- Along with my own crafting, I'm also thinking about developing a few projects for the girls this summer. Beading and embroidery are pretty high on the list of ideas as they both love those things.
So what do you have planned for the summer?