Springtime

It's one of the prettiest violets I've ever had....but, sigh, this is another example of how my camera hates the color purple.  The picture below, taken indoors with a flash, is closer.
  • Having turned the corner on the Princess shawl, the crazy obsession to work on it has loosened.  Truly, obsession is the right word to use.  I could barely stand to put the thing down!
  • The Green Woman is feeling pretty smug.  Why?  I listened to her, allowed myself to fall into the rabbit hole with that obsession, and now that it's over I feel like something inside has cracked open.  My creative juices are flowing again, and good things are coming.
  • One of those good things?  I'm writing again, and I feel like I actually have something to say.  I don't know where this adventure is going to take me, but it feels really good to be starting off on the journey.
  • On another happy note, I'm very, very happy to share with you the fact that my seasonal allergies are under control this year!  Normally I'm sick for weeks at this time of year, usually with infections heading into my lungs by this point.  Thanks to the  magic combo of my allergy drops, mucinex (the only OTC meds that have ever made a difference) and Nasopure (a saline nasal wash)  I am mostly symptom free and functional!  Yay!
  • I can't stress how big a deal this is. 
  • Seriously....I can actually sleep at night because I'm not full of snot!  That's all kinds of good!
  • Unfortunately, Lucky the lamb died yesterday.  My dad has been doing lots of research, and it looks like there might be a genetic glitch in the flock.  Hard decisions are going to have to be made, but that's just the way it is on a farm sometimes.  (My father took Lucky's body to the diagnostic lab at the vet school this morning so that we can find definitive answers as to what happened.)
  • I came home yesterday to find a turtle in the drive.  It was very exciting! 
  • I joined a team for a Slim Down Columbia Challenge.  We weigh in next week, and I think it's going to be fun!
  • I haven't been doing so great with my allergy diet lately.  My doctor had warned me that the hardest time to resist was during the times of year when seasonal allergies were at their worst. I'm back on track now, but its' been a rough few weeks.  I feel better about it, though, after listening to the opening story in this last weekend's This American Life.  Apparently, I'm not the only one who does dumb things sometimes.
  • Spring cleaning has begun.  I'm making the girls put together all of their puzzles one by one to find out which ones are missing pieces.  A bit nuts?  Yep, but it's been bothering me for years.
  • I have started a NEW project with my knitting....which is something that hasn't happened in quite some time.  More soon!
Have a great week!

Comments

Leciawp said…
It sounds like there's a LOT going on at your house right now. Wishing you all a good week.

Popular Posts