Springtime

The ewe on the left is Lila, and on the right is her mother, Willow. The two babies on the left are Lila's twins, Itsy and Bitsy, so named because they were born at roughly half the size of the rest of the lambs even though they were full term.  Willow's baby, Nellie, is only four days older than the twins but is of average size for a Jacob baby.

There just aren't enough hours in the day to accomplish everything I want to accomplish.

With the coming of the spring I feel the Green Woman moving within me....pushing me to do more, to try more, to start more, to play more.  I make lists of projects, reinventory supplies, search for ideas, remind myself of things I've always wanted to do and find myself giddy with possibility.

And yet I'm keenly aware that right now I need to rest a bit and do nothing.  It seems so counter intuitive, but for me it's an important part of the creative process.  I'm worn out - depleted - and if I'm to move on the well must be replenished.

So I gently shove the Green Woman away for just a little while longer, promising her...

Soon.

Comments

Leciawp said…
I find it hard to find balance in spring. I get frenzied about wanting to do some things, but don't necessarily have the energy to pull it all off.

Love these guys so much!

Popular Posts