Stuck In A Rut?

It is true....my knitting has ground to a rather dull almost halt.

With the exception of some gift knitting - the BSJ's and a couple of pair of socks which I will show you tomorrow - I've not really done anything at all in months.  Truth be told, all of that gift knitting, though done in love, was hardly challenging.  The trade-off is that the recipients absolutely loved their gifts, and that made up for the sometimes dull nature of the work.

So what's going on?
 Well, there is this..
And this.

For the first time since I began a Capital K Knitter, I have two long-term projects which seem to be sucking up all of my creative energy.  The first is an exercise in math, fine handwork skills and complicated lace.  The second challenges notions of color and pushes (often unsuccessfully) against the OCD boundaries which so often constrain me.  I absolutely love them both, and yet....

The question is, am I finding myself unable to start new and different projects because there is a part of me that wants/needs to finish these things, or am I in one of those creative slumps that just happen sometimes?

I don't have an answer, but I can tell you that I'm feeling particularly uninspired right now...which is odd when the world around me is opening up to the joy and beauty of spring.

The question deserves some contemplation.

Comments

margene said…
Some projects have their own life force, especially the complicated, and they suck all the energy our of us. Maybe you should take a break from them and get out to enjoy the beauty of spring. Clear your head and feed your soul.

Popular Posts