Spoiled

 Opal Schafpate  - 1 skein, only 2 yards left!
Schaeffer Anne, 1 skein in Michele Obama

Both pair:
Ann Budd's basic sock pattern
80 stitches around, 80 rows in leg, 60 rows in foot
2.25 mm needles
Each pair took about a week to knit.

I'm a lucky knitter because I have a husband who actually loves his handknit gifts.  He's particularly fond of his socks, and so when he rather mournfully brought me three pair this winter that he'd completely worn through (with no hope of repair) I happily started work to rectify the situation.  The only problem?  I quickly discovered that the Anne was the only sock yarn in my stash with enough yardage for my husband's gigantic feet.  Many thanks to my Mom for picking up the Opal for me from one of her local stores.  (No one around here carries it anymore, which is a darn shame.)  She actually provided 3 skeins, so there will be more to come.  Although we didn't have much cold this winter, I want my husband to be prepared for next year!


Comments

Bonnie said…
Only a week a pair? You're speedy! Lucky husband.
Leciawp said…
He is a lucky man!

Popular Posts