Sunday, January 22, 2012

Thoughts On A Sunday


  • We stayed home from church this morning.  The girls needed to work on their rooms, and I wasn't feeling my best.  I think that God understands that we sometimes need to rest and nest.
  • Our bird feeders are at long last welcoming flocks of our feathered friends....and I am once again spending long stretches of time at our back door watching them play and eat out on our porch.
  • Parenting sometimes stinks.  Now is one of those times.
  • I really need to work at becoming multi-craftual.  I have lots I want to do and try, and yet I seem to stick only to the things I know and am best at.  It feels like it could become a dangerous rut....or it could just be who I am.
  • This week will be the week I go back to the gym.  I am nervous, excited, frightened, annoyed, hopeful and resigned all in one.
  • Today I'm going to do some finish work.  It will be a good thing.
  • Another good thing will be the nap I'm going to take as soon as I finish this post. 
  • I have started to spend a lot of time in my little corner of the basement when working on  projects.  I would spend more time there...but it's really cold down there...especially the floor. 
  • There are rather inexplicable holes in the heels of two pair of relatively new socks....one of which is only six months old.  It's quite annoying.

1 comment:

A Day That is Dessert said...

It is nice to stay home once in awhile - we all need a break from our routines, now and then.

I really need to set up some bird feeders! Thank you for the reminder.

Sorry you're having a tough stretch with the parenting...