My BKB



My BKB (Best Knitting Buddy for those of you who haven't heard me use the term before), Jenn, surprised me this morning with this little collection of yarn for my Scrapbook Blankie!  These aren't actually leftovers....rather, Jenn measured out lengths of some of her stash yarn so that I could go ahead and add them in now.  There's enough of the green for a large square, which is right and proper as my best friend deserves a very big square of her own in my blanket.

Jenn is one of the two knitters who I desperately wanted to include in my blanket.  (Shelda is the other, and she is well represented in my blanket already.)  I can't tell you what it means to me to be able to add these little bits of her into a project which represents so much of my life.

A bit about Jenn:

I met Jenn while I was pregnant with the Pixie.  Truth be told, we were hooked up by one of the local yarn shop owners, Bex Oliger, who has a talent for matching up friends.  We were both pregnant, though, so nothing happened until we met again after both babies were born.  At that point, we started to compare notes, realized how much we had in common, started setting play/knitting dates and began calling each other almost every day.

The rest is a magical, knitterly history.

I cannot possibly say enough wonderful things about Jenn to ever truly describe her, so I'm not going to try.  Instead, I'll simply say that she's the best friend I had spent my entire life looking for and I'm lucky to have found her.

Comments

Leciawp said…
I'm so glad you found each other!

Popular Posts