Melissa

Melissa started out as my Mom's friend.  Truth be told, I have no idea how or when they met...just that one day my mother was always talking about Melissa. 

I know I met her for the first time when she came out to my parents' (disastrous) sheep shearing day last spring.  At the time, I was annoyed with my parents for inviting so many people to witness their second - and last - attempt at shearing sheep by themselves (They've hired a pro for this spring.), and so I'm quite sure I came across as surly.  Fortunately, she didn't hold this against me. 

Since then, I've gotten to know Melissa better and have come to admire her incredibly creative sense of exploration in all things fiber related.  She really lives the type of creative lifestyle that I aspire to...on the sort of farm that lives in my dreams.  Also, she has a fiber studio/cottage that is to die for!  I love going to visit for an afternoon or evening of fibery goodness.  At our last such visit, she finished the toe off of her very first pair of fingering weight socks...and I snagged the leftovers for my blanket! 

You can find Melissa on Etsy, where she makes the most fabulous things!  For the knitters among you, I can highly recommend her double point stitch holders. Santa brought her headbands to my girls for Christmas, and they've been worn almost every day since.

In fact...I need to go email her about a birthday present....

Comments

Shelda said…
Oy vey! I should know better than to follow etsy links... those dpn holders are gorgeous, and a pair is on their way to me. They'll go nicely with my new dpns from "Dream" (can I grin and sigh at the same time?) Well, yes, obviously so!
Leciawp said…
Sounds like you've found a kindred spirit!

Popular Posts