Wednesday, November 9, 2011

What I'm Thinking About Today

  • Yesterday my BKB calmly stopped me midstream during one of my rambles about all of the things I really should be doing and why I'm failing to do them and why that makes me a bad person by reminding me that I get into trouble when I am not gentle with myself.  Thank You, Jenn.
  • I've found a place of peace in my Princess shawl.  It's a beautiful place to be.
  • I've also found the balance between how much time I want to be putting into said Princess and what my hands are capable of.  I've not always been good about finding that balance. 
  • My girls seem to have finally - and fully - recovered from their pneumonia, and I'm grateful for that.
  • For the last few days our family has quietly - and without plan or discussion - shifted our evening routine towards spending more quite time together around the kitchen table.  I'm really enjoying it.
  • The depression which has been hanging over me since my surgery a year and a half ago seems to have lifted on its own.  I feel happy - a fragile, crisp sort of happiness, but also a hopeful happiness.  It's been a very long while. 
  • I'm working on allowing that feeling to grow and develop on its own...without pushing, without striving, without fighting. 
  • The weather has been glorious lately.  I am such an autumn girl. 
  • An idea that I've had for a very, very long time shifted a wee bit this morning to show me how it could be accomplished.  That was neat!
  • A friend is in need today, and I wish I could be there to give him a hug.  I hope he knows how much I care. 
  • Finally...and for fun...we have some holiday possibilities which are making my heart sing. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're very welcome! That's what I'm for!

Anonymous said...

You're very welcome! That's what I'm for! Jenn

A Day That is Dessert said...

So nice to hear you're in such a good, happy space! And, I'm glad you have a good friend like that. And good weather means so much, doesn't it? :)

Alpaca Lady said...

Your post gave me a lift I am in need of.
Thanks for the post!