Out Of The Mouths Of Babes

After dinner this evening my Princess pulled out her wheel and got to work on some beautiful merino fiber which I had bought for her this summer.

"Mom, can you teach me how to make a hat with my handspun this weekend?"

"Sure"

"Because I LOVE to knit with my handspun.  It's the best!"

This conversation brought me back to something I shared on Tuesday night with the Columbia Weavers and Spinners Guild.  My friend Shelda and I had given the program for the monthly meeting (more about that later) and during the Q & A session at the end I was asked about my handspun.  I had rather sheepishly admitted that although I love to spin and do it often I almost never actually USE the yarn I make...thinking it too precious for actual knitting.  I told the crowd that I have lots and lots of pretty yarn pets.

You betcha that's a ridiculous way to be.  Even my 8 year old daughter realizes that handspun is far superior to store bought yarn.

And so, with my daughter's words in my mind, I'm going to sit down this evening and cast something on....

with handspun.

Comments

Leciawp said…
You're teaching them well. xo
Shelda said…
Hey, good idea! ;)

Popular Posts