Tree Of Life

 At long last!
 Tree Of Life
Pattern by Janelle Laidman
in The Enchanted Sole
 Malabrigo Sock - 1 skein Primavera, 1 skein Chocolate Amargo
Knit Picks 2.25 mm Harmony DPN's
August 2 - September 25, 2011

Mods:  I dumped the patterned heel in favor of a standard heel flap for a better fit.  Also did a checkerboard on sole for what looks and feels like a more stable fabric than the stripes on the top created.

Comments:  Apparently I am an abnormal knitter.  For most, the color carried on top on the backside will be the dominant color, but for me it's the opposite.  Thus the primavera stands out more than the chocolate.  In person, the gauge is too loosey-goosey for me, but that's just the way it is.  Malabrigo sock has a horrid reputation for wear, but I doubt these will get worn all that often anyway as the leg is a bit too long for my liking!  I do love, love, love the color...as evidenced by the fact that this is the second time I've used this color combination for a project. 
While I was at it, I caught up on my mini-socks.  I've decided that for most colorwork socks, I'll do a simple sock like the one on the left (goes with Classic Kilim) with the body of the sock worked in the main color and cuff, heels and toes worked in the contrast.  Makes it quick and easy!

Now...I need to figure out what to do with my collection of mini-socks, which is now somewhere between 60 and 65....

Comments

Rachael said…
60-65!!!
Wowee! You're amazing- I want to see this adorable collection sometime. It's like, on my bucket list. :)

Popular Posts