Learning To Slow Down

This summer I discovered that I do truly enjoy embroidery. The lack of rules, the freedom in selecting stitches and colors....it's all a good foil to the often precise structure of my knitting.
And let's face it....much as I enjoy the knitting I also recognize the fact that I use it as a tool to focus some of my less-desirable personality traits in a positive manner so that they don't affect my family or muck with my life too much. (OCD anyone?)

Plus, there is just so much that I want to accomplish with my knitting that I find I speed through each project as quickly as I am able.

Embroidery is free of all of that.


And because it is free, it allows me to take a breath and slow down. I do a little bit here, and another little bit there, and then I can let the whole project just sit for a while.




It's a very good thing.

Comments

Kelley said…
I used to do a lot of cross-stitch. I agree that sometimes you need another type of quiet craft to stay balanced.
Bonnie said…
I love your little squirrel!
Leciawp said…
I love embroidery. This is really beautiful!

Popular Posts