Herringbone Socks




Herringbone Rib Socks




Claudia Handpaint Sock, 2 skeins


Knit Picks Harmony DPN's - 2.5 mm


August 24 - Sept 11, 2011




The only change I made to the pattern was to shorten the leg to four inches so that I would be able to finish both socks with enough left over for a wee matching sock and a couple of squares on the blanket. If you think you are getting two socks with 6-7 inch legs out of only two skeins (as the pattern indicates) you are delusional.




It's a good thing this pattern called for a thicker fingering weight yarn, because otherwise I would have had to rewrite it to accomadate a happier-for-me gauge. As is, I wouldn't at all want to work the Herringbone pattern (which I adore!) with a smaller needle, but the bottom of the foot is boarderline too lose.




Having said that, I love the fit, and I love these socks!




I have a bit left on the Tree Of Life socks, and then another pair to do this month (already cast on) and I'll be completely caught up for the sock project!

* The only downer about this entire project is that I don't at all trust Claudia yarns to be colorfast. Those of you who have been reading the blog for a while might recall that in the past I've had a horrendous time with Claudia sock yarns bleeding to nothing within just a wash or two...which is horribly dissapointing as the colors are so wonderful. This is why the wee sock and the squares were so importnat....I love the color so much that I want a record of it as I expect these socks to look like garbage after only a few wearings. Sigh.


Comments

Bonnie said…
They're fantastic socks! I hope the yarn doesn't fade. That would be such a shame.

Popular Posts