My Knitting Basket

As the Princess is entering day six of a nasty sinus infection (and yes, I sent her to school today anyway...judge as you will), I find myself playing catch-up today. It's been a long week, and much has been neglected in favor of snuggles, pampering and sympathy.


We shall discuss later how much I've enjoyed most of this last week....she so rarely needs me....


Which is why I, quite naturally, thought that the best post for today would be a good, old-fashioned look into the knitting basket to see what I'm working on.

First up, my August socks. They will likely be finished in the next day or two, so I won't provide too many details yet.


I will, however, give you two pictures to show what lighting and a flash can do with color. The second picture is color-accurate with the flash, but the first (I think) is prettier. Go figure. Until I get a better camera....

The Green Woman would like you all to know that she thinks it's fabulous that you all chose to leave the first Tree of Life sock in her hand. After watching her caper about the house with it on her head for a week or so, I reclaimed it, tried it on again, and decided to make the second sock exactly as the first. I just want them done. They are going to be a bit loose in the foot...but that's more about the yarn selection than the pattern, and I will just live with it.

I have a wee start on September. I bought the yarn during our Loopy Ewe field trip, and laughed when I put it in the project bag. It's no wonder I liked those two colors together....I've used that combo before. More details to come!

I have about 3/4 of the body on a February Lady/child sized sweater. I don't know about you, but I find it hilarious that I'm once again altering an adult pattern - originally designed for a baby - back to a child-sized pattern.

There is also a small bag of yarn for mini-socks. Obsessed, yes...no doubt.

My long-suffering, desperately-needs-attention Tibetan Clouds shawl has been sitting so long that it's a wonder it didn't pick itself up and stomp off in disgust over my neglect.

(again- true color in second picture) It's beaded silk...I don't know what's wrong with me!


I've let the Princess shawl sit long enough, and am ready to start the feather chart. Yay! I'm quite excited about this!

As always, the scrapbook blanket is there and waiting. I have actually put quite a bit into it in the last couple of weeks, and have a feeling that with the recent drop in temperature I'm going to be spending more and more time with it.


So there you have it! Yes, there are fewer projects than usual, especially considering that at least two should be finished soon. However, I love each and every project right now...and as you shall see this week there is more going on here than just knitting!

Comments

Popular Posts