Monday Meanderings

It's just so pretty that I had to show it off again!
Also, I've been told that blogger was a bit wonky the day I published the FO post. If you missed it, you can find that post here.

  • Yeah, it's actually Tuesday again.
  • We'll call this episode the "I have a crazy deadline for a baby gift, and have been spending all of my spare time knitting rather than blogging" Monday Meanderings.
  • But oh...this baby gift is making me very, very happy.
  • I'll publish the info on this gift next Sunday...the day AFTER the shower.
  • In the meanwhile, I have no other crafting stuff to share with you, so we'll just have to come up with something else to talk about today.
  • Shouldn't be difficult!
  • I totally kicked but yesterday in Boot Camp! Our task for the day was to run up the Forum hill - from the front door of Wilson's to Green Meadows (for those of you in town who know where that is). It's a major hill - 3/4 mile UP! I did very well, and loved it.
  • Oddly enough, I'd far rather run up hill than down.
  • When you run downhill the potential is there to lose control and do a face plant. I overcompensate and slow down too much...making it harder on my joints. I must work on that.
  • Really, I just don't like fast because I'm a big chicken - especially when combined with downhill.
  • Think also "biking" and "skiing."
  • Big chicken.
  • Happily, my running clinic is already making a difference, and my knees feel great this morning.
  • I have two weeks left to prepare for the 10K...and I'm not all that excited about it. Kind of wish I hadn't signed up for it this year.
  • To be fair - I've had some stuff to deal with this last month, and that's made it difficult. We'll be talking more about that later this week.
  • The flu didn't help at all.
  • Anyway. Running is good, but I'd rather be doing it on my own terms right now with no official race to put pressure on me.
  • We're renaming the Pixie. She will now be known as "Tasty" as she can't go outside without being completely chewed up by bugs.
  • Poor kid!
  • Her doctor did warn me because of her hair color and complexion....
  • The Princess is having a growth spurt.
  • Drat her....she's almost too big for my lap.
  • I joke a lot about my kids growing up too fast, but that's the way it's supposed to be.
  • A wise friend told me once that she never mourned her kids' growth because she found that she was ready for and excited by each new stage, and that it did a great disservice to the children to wish they would stay little. She was right.
  • We got a new roof on Friday. Yay!
  • Yep, they did the entire job in one day - and I can't say enough nice things about the crew.
  • For that matter, I can't say enough nice things about the construction company we chose and our insurance agent, who's been helping us coordinate all of this.
  • Besides, our deductible is crazy-low!
  • I can't believe how excited I am about a new roof.
  • If a roof makes me this happy, imagine how ecstatic I'll be when we put new flooring into the living room and kitchen!

All for now...I must get back to work on the baby gift. I have another 20 min. before I need to pack up for the gym!

Have a great week everyone!

Comments

Shelda said…
You know what? You could just decide that even though you did sign up, you're just not going to do this race this time. They let you do that! ;)
Anne P said…
Yay - FO pics I can see. Yeppers - I love that shawl. Nice!!

Popular Posts