The Getting Over The Flu Monday Meanderings

  • Ordinarily, I would be at the gym right now.
  • Believe me when I say I really would prefer to be at the gym!
  • However, instead I am home - in bed - resting up a bit before I have to go pick up the Pixie from school because I am on the mend from a bout of the flu.
  • I call it the flu because that's what we always used to call an illness that involved a high fever and massive gastro distress - whether or not it had anything to do with influenza.
  • It's just easier than saying "a virus of some sort that involved symptoms x, y and z."
  • I was absolutely fine on Saturday...
  • No need for the details.
  • I can honestly say it was the fifth sickest I've been in my entire adult life. (Why yes, I can list it. I don't tend to be really, really ill often - and when I do it's rather spectacular, and thus easily ranked.)
  • And I am praying that it's actually over.
  • On today's schedule: Take kids to school, sleep, pick small one up, feed her and pop in a movie, sleep, greet older one, sleep, feed them, sleep. Sounds good to me!
  • At some point I might block my Near Solstice shawl. If I'm back to normal tomorrow than I'll be going to my guild meeting and I'd like to show it off.
  • That's about as much energy as I plan on expending today, though.
  • The good news is that I was able to go to a fabulous running clinic on Saturday - held by The Starting Block, which is the store that has changed my life!
  • Lest you think I'm joking....let me remind you that my foot measures a 6.5 E. It's completely abnormal - unless you are a Piepergerdes - and very difficult to fit. Just now I have two pair of shoes in my closet that actually fit - my running shoes and my Birks.
  • And I could be such a shoe girl.....
  • I digress. (Which I'm quite good at!)
  • The running clinic was a two hour class on form, with lots of drills to help us learn proper technique. We did the whole thing barefoot (in a slightly muddy field!) which helped us to focus on our feet and how we were landing. I had a wonderful time, and my knees felt better at the end of that class than they've felt in months! I have a feeling this is going to totally revolutionize my running life - especially as lately I had been worried that I was going to have to give it up because of my knees!
  • Of course, it's going to take a while to apply the techniques. My coordination flew out the window on Saturday as I tried to put it all together. Practice makes perfect.
  • There's really not a whole lot of other news to report.
  • I have made some decisions about the food end of my quest for better health...which I'll most likely write about at some point this week. For now I'll just say that I think life is going to be getting a whole lot better.
  • Hopefully I'll be back to more regular posting now that Near Solstice is done.
  • And with that...I need a nap.

Have a Great Week!

Comments

Leciawp said…
Enjoy your nap and I hope you're back to yourself soon! xo

Popular Posts