Two More FOs



My second Bead Stew kit from Earth Faire - this one in the Deep Forest colorway. I actually like this one MUCH better than the first one I did for several reasons. First, there was a lot more variety in the shape and size of beads. Second, I figured out the trick of knitting two beads at once if they were wee little things. Third, both of those tricks means that the finished bracelet doesn't show near the structure of knitting that the first bracelet did. It does appear to be more random and jumbled, which is just how I wanted it to be. I think I'll wear this one a lot more, too. Moonflowers is pretty, but Deep Forest is more me. As with the first, I knit this on a size 2.0 mm DPN's, and I worked it from July 7-9, 2010.


As I was knitting my Quiet Pond Bauble - also from Earth Faire - I asked the Princess what she thought. "It's kind of a mess, Mom," was her very honest reply, and I had to laugh. It is kind of a mess - and it's also huge. I love it, but I don't know that I'd ever wear it. I haven't entirely finished it yet - needing a crimp bead to close it off - and so I'm going to sit on it for a few days to decide whether or not to keep it as is. Part of me thinks it would be better served being strung on a better line to make one of those long necklaces that you can wrap around your neck multiple times. It is a bit much for my wrists. We'll see. It does make me happy, though, in a crazy sort of way. Knit on a size 4.0 mm DPN, I strung and knit it on June 7 and 8.

Comments

Popular Posts