The Two-Day Shawl

This is my one special handmade gift this year - something that truly comes from the heart. Yes, it's probably a bit much to make a shawl for someone with whom my friendship is based upon a business relationship, but.

Meghan has proven to be the perfect partner for me in my quest to build a better, healthier lifestyle - pushing when I need to be pushed, challenging when I'm ready to be challenged, providing sympathy and understanding when I need the extra help and always, always believing in me - even when I'm not so sure myself. There's truly a lot more to a good personal trainer than I ever thought there was...or maybe I'm just lucky to have been paired with Meghan.
Plus, Meghan has gone above and beyond by providing multiple free sessions so that my training would be uninterrupted.
So you see, of course she deserved something nice!
I tried really hard to figure out whether or not Meghan has any favorite colors, but she proved to be a really tough nut to crack. (I never see her in anything but her gym uniform of black.) As the gym staff proved to be no help either, I decided to go with something from my stash which I thought would suit her. Likewise, I selected the pattern because I felt that it's simplicity would go well with the handpainted yarn. It's also a good patten for someone who might not be a 'lace' sort of person.
Project Details:
Ene's Shawl by Nancy Bush in Scarf Style
Yarn: The Unique Sheep Leili, Gems of Turquoise, 4 skeins (with lots of leftover in the last!), purchased when the company was Liisu Yarns.
Needle: US 6, Addi Turbo, 24 inch
Time to knit: Cast on Dec 15th, but the bulk knit on December 19th and 20th.
Gifted too: Meghan, the world's most fabulous personal trainer!
PS. When I dropped it off at the gym this morning, I discovered that Meghan had left a gift for me, too. What does a trainer give her client? A pack of new running socks and a microfiber ear band for running outdoors in the weather! PERFECT!

Comments

Bonnie said…
What a beautiful gift! And you knit it in basically two days? How do you do that???
Leciawp said…
beautiful! Merry Christmas to you and yours. xo
Jenny said…
It's lovely! What a splendid gift for a special person.
Shelda said…
What a neat relationship you're building there! And neat that you trusted yourself to just go for it. I'm sure she'll love it.
fleegle said…
Lovely! She is a lucky person!

I shall be thinking more about the book and/or video...but please do suggest topics. Nobody is suggesting anything, which leaves me sort of at wit's end :)
Paula said…
Oh my goodness! What a stunning shawl and to knit it in two days! I am impressed! How did she receive it? Was Megan a but stunned?

Popular Posts