Sorting, Storing and Selling?


I've spent the greater part of the last week in a very quiet, contemplative place. No worries....I've just been taking some time to begin working through some very old issues that really need to be dealt with so that I can live exactly the type of life that I want to live. As a consequence, I just haven't had much to talk about here in the blog.
The Green Woman and I have had several conversations about my creative life during this little, unexpected break, and as always she has had some very interesting opinions. While I'm a bit dubious about a few things she's suggested, I did agree whole-heartedly that a good stash reorganization would be a great place to start. And so, yesterday found me once again hauling out all of my yarn and fiber for a good sort. My periodic stash overhauls always leave me feeling inspired, optimistic and blessed.
I added an extra layer yesterday to my stash sort by emptying out my shawl drawer so that I could carefully repack my shawls after a winter of rough treatment. I almost laughed when I saw how much of the bed they took up....and these are only the ones that I've kept! I did retire two of them - more to come on that later this week - and the rest I lovingly tucked away for the summer.
Which leads me to the question for the day. What should I do with all of those scarves and shawls? Honestly, no one needs so many...especially when there are plans to make a whole bunch more. Lace is, after all, my biggest knitting passion! My husband thinks I should start selling them, but I just don't know. Gifting is iffy because you have to make sure that it's going to someone who will truly appreciate and love it. (Most of the time, too, if it's meant to be gifted it'll tell me as soon as it's finished.) I do love them all....even if I don't wear them all. Opinions?

Comments

Leciawp said…
I think you should sell them!!

Hope you had a lovely weekend. xoxo
Anne P said…
Contact your local oncology clinic at the hospital (or any hospice that's local to you). I anonymously gifted a gal in our local IV/Infusion center a shawl. She is someone who always had to come in for her chemo by herself, and I asked the nurse to pick someone who could use a cheering-up. The lady sent me a thank you note that made me cry, it was so nice. She never thought of herself as a "shawl" person, but she sat wrapped up in it for the several hours she got her chemo, wore it home, and wore it back for her infusion every week. I think that'd be the PERFECT use for your beautiful shawls. Bet the nurses could help you pick out recipients.

Popular Posts