This is the first skein of handspun I made when I got back into spinning. It's just under 500 yards of a delicious merino/tencil blend.
It's a rainy Monday morning, and I actually have things to talk about...so here goes!
- I have 3 (!!!) finished project posts to share with you this week. It's VERY EXCITING!!!!
- As you know, I've been working really hard this year to use up what I have instead of buying more...and one of the three projects happens to be particularly exciting because it falls into the stash busting category.
- I'm actually quite pleased with my stash busting this year. I'll share stash before and after pictures in December.
- I'm totally planning on continuing that in 2016. It feels GREAT! to use up what I have.
- Remember the year where I made most of our Christmas gifts? Yeah, there's not going to be a repeat this year. I really loved my handmade Christmas, but it was just sooooo much work.
- There is currently only one handmade gift planned.
- And it's a doozy.
- Insert self-satisfied, smug smile.
- Have I mentioned lately how much I love running? I've gone over the deep end into full-on obsessed.
- I knew I was in trouble when I started bringing home books and magazines from the library and began listening to running podcasts....
- I never have been able to go half-way into anything.
- I've signed up to run my first half-marathon in the spring, with a potential for two more in the fall. I do a LOT better when I'm actively training for something....and I'm really looking forward to the challenge of longer runs.
- I'm going to have to get a job to pay for all of the races I want to run...
- My favorites are my Sunday morning runs. I like to go to my favorite park after sunrise (it's a popular, safe destination...so don't worry), and it's just so beautiful and peaceful. That time alone is very centering, and I always come home with a smile.
- My new running 'thing' is that I now try to take at least one picture/run. Mostly I take pictures of my beautiful surroundings, but I also like to take post-run selfies. Oftentimes I find myself shooting into the morning light, unable to actually see what's on the screen, only to come home and find that I've captured a bit of magic. It's added another layer of pleasure to the experience.
- I continue to follow my allergy plan - 7 months of full compliance and counting! - and while fall still kind of sucks I'm in a better place that I've been in for a very long while.
- In fact, I see some change in the next year coming because of the phenomenal improvements I've been able to make in my health.
- Of course, I'm also going through a curious vain phase...and I've NEVER been a vain woman.
- I'm not used to liking what I see in the mirror...or enjoying shopping...or truly wanting to make myself look good before I leave the house.
- Confounds me a bit.
- I'm still obsessively watching the X-Files. Took a break for most of October because I love to watch all of the stupid scary movies on tv that month, but I came roaring back with a passion a couple of days after Halloween and blasted through seasons 6 and 7 in about a week. Decided to watch the last 2 seasons - even though they are universally hated - and can honestly say that while I don't hate them, season 8 at the very least commits the grand sin of being pretty darn boring.
- I want to be Dana Scully when I grow up.
- I am way more excited about the 6 episode special run of the X-Files in January than someone my age should probably be....
- Reading, though, has taken a hit. That's ok. Once in a while I go through a bit of time where I just can't seem to settle into any books.
I have things to do today, so that'll have to be it for now. I'll leave you with some grand pictures from my run yesterday morning. Have a great week everyone!