Crop Circles

 Scarf With Crop Circle Pattern
Haapsalu Ratt
by Siiri Reimann and Aime Edasi
Knit Picks Shadow - 4 skeins Opal Heather - blue/grey
Addi Turbo, US 4 (3.5mm), 32 inch circular
May 18 - Aug 9, 2015

Modification:  My original intent was to knit an Estonian lace shawl in the traditional manner, but after knitting 3/4 of the edging (which was a total slog) I decided I most certainly did NOT want to deal with the hassle of having to sew miles of that stuff onto the main body.  I absolutely adore Estonian lace, but if I do another I'll come up with a way to knit the edging directly onto the shawl.  The idea of all of that seaming fills me with dread...and makes me worry about what the finished piece would look like.
 
A fun note - I'm the first Ravelry member to make this piece, so I get to add it to the database.  I shouldn't be so excited about that...but I am!
 
I do adore Estonian lace design, and I fell in love with this piece because it was so very different than anything else I'd ever seen.  Plus, there are no nupps in the center....which made it a faster knit than one would expect.  I can't wait to wear it this fall!












Comments

Popular Posts