As you may have noticed, I've been rather absent since school started.
- I've been looking back at the blog and at the readership and responses to different posts. What's become very clear is that the more personal essays, like the recent post on the changes in my life, and family posts are the most popular posts.
- I don't know how much this will effect the blog...but it does embolden me to focus more strongly on my writing.
- As for the crafty stuff...I've been focusing so much on the above shawl in the last month that there really hasn't been that much to talk about.
- However, I did start this week on the Christmas gift project. I'm still not sure how much of it I will talk about, not wanting to ruin any surprises and all, but it will hopefully generate more craft content.
- I do, after all, have at least two adult sweaters, a beaded scarf, a shawl and several American Girl Doll outfits to produce.
- And I'm not done with the list yet!
- Also, I'm no longer freaking out about the empty house.
- I'd been told I would rather quickly find ways to fill my time, and once I adjusted to our new normal I began to do just that.
- In other news, I've been on my autoimmune protocol with food for a full week now, and I feel pretty good!
- For those of you who are curious, in addition to the sugar, grains, legumes and dairy that I already avoid because of my yeast and dairy allergies, I've also given up eggs, nuts, seeds and nightshades (tomatoes, eggplant, peppers, potatoes) to experiment a bit.
- I don't actually think I have problems with several of those....but it's for sure worth a month or two.
- Why? It's all about gut health...and I want to give my gut the time it needs to fully heal.
- Now that I have the magic formula for building my plate (Thanks Whole30!) and have found ways to make my food fun and happy (Thanks Paleo!) it's time to really buckle down and get things done!
- The proof is in the pudding....my weight is dropping w/o any work at all (NO, I'm still not weighing myself. I'm seeing it all in how my clothes fit.), my skin looks great and all those other crazy symptoms we've talked about a million times are gone and/or are disappearing rapidly.
- Also, my doc let me go off of my thyroid meds to see if I actually need them or not. The working theory is that I never actually needed them...that the symptoms were just caused by systemic inflammation. The fact that my lab work never really showed a problem backs that up. I have a month and a half to prove I don't need the meds. It's a pretty big incentive to stay clean! (Hate those stupid pills)
- I'm starting to exercise again....but slooooowwwwwwlllllllllyyyyy. It's frustrating, but I sure as heck don't want to hurt my foot again.
- Is anyone else tired of the election?
- Seriously, I think the only thing politics are good for right now is making people angry.
- And for the record, I do NOT discuss politics or religion online often because I think it's a horrid forum for it.
- Too often people forget there are real people on the other end of the line.
- And yes, I have temporarily blocked a couple of friends for pot stirring.
- And no, I'm not going to give you a thorough run down of my positions. It's private, thank you very much. I'd be happy to discuss it in person if you think it's that important for you to know how I feel.
- So there.
I have some great ideas for posts...so look for more soon. Hopefully I'll be back to a regular schedule in the coming week!