Seeking the Quiet

Not going to lie....this summer has been particularly hard on my introverted self. Even the Green Woman is chafing a bit under our crazy schedule and the fact that we've had precious little time to ourselves.

I need quiet time alone every bit as much as I need air to breath. Without it I tend to wither...and here lately I can feel myself wilting more than a little bit around the edges.

And so I'm trying to carve out as much peace as I can from our hectic summer. For the last few days that has meant knitting. I'm trying to lose myself in color, in pattern, in repetition, and in action so familiar that my hands can take over while my mind can go free.

It's not quite enough...

But it is helping.

Comments

Are you certain I didn't give birth to you in another universe? OH yeah, time alone. Quiet. Like breathing...

Popular Posts