At Long Last








Pattern By Sivia Harding
1 skein silk laceweight from Jennie the Potter from her Homebrew series in Lager
Addi Turbo, US 5 / 3.75 mm, 36 inch
August 12, 2010 - July 27, 2012

Notes:
  1. There were a LOT of errors in the chart for the center portion....but nothing I couldn't easily figure out for myself.  It is, after all, a very symmetrical design.
  2. I wound up using a much longer needle than I usually would have....and so when I worked on the side pieces I ran the needle through the shawl so as to keep the cable out of the way.
  3. It is extremely unusual for me to leave a project lingering for so very long on the needles.  Usually if it makes it more than six months without seeing some progress than there is obviously a problem of some sort and I'll frog it.
  4. I'm super glad I didn't do that.  I was never able to let go of the idea of this particular shawl with this particular yarn and the matching beads.  It is gorgeous, and I can't wait to wear it this fall!
  5. Having said that, I really don't like knitting rectangles.  Super boring.
  6. Also, As much as I adore the yarn and bead combo, the beads don't pop that much.  I need to start using a lot more contrast when I match beads to yarn and projects.  (Important to point out, though, that once it was blocked they do stand out enough to have made it worthwhile.
  7. The yarn did bleed color quite heavily when I washed the finished project.  It softened the color - and took out some of the slight green cast it had.  I still absolutely love it, but I wish it hadn't bled quite so much.  This is the risk you run with hand dyed yarns!


Comments

margene said…
It's stunningly beautiful and the color is so eye catching. The beads will sparkle in the light when you wear it and add a different dimension.

Popular Posts