Ransom

 About a month ago, this rotten child stole a pair of my socks and decided to keep them unless and until I provided her with a pair of new handknit socks of her own.

Ahem.

As I was fond of the pair of socks she managed to get ahold of...and as I worried about what the damage a 9-year-old might do to said socks....I capitulated.

I had actually already purchased yarn to makes socks for my girls, feeling slightly guilty about not giving them each a new pair last year.  They typically only get one pair of socks/year since they grow so fast....but that one pair of socks is always well-loved and well-used.
With Love:
Basic socks (Ann Budd, ditto yesterday's pattern)
Opal Schafpate, 1 skein of 3151
Knit Picks 2.25mm DPN's
June 31 - July 10, 2012
68 stitches (She likes them loose.)
60 rows 2x2 in leg, 50 rows in foot

I should add two things.

1.  My apologies for no links.  My time is very short this summer, and I've linked to these details a million times before.
2.  Honestly, I don't have the brainpower for much more than socks right now.  This summer has been - as you know - incredibly taxing on my time, energy, mental capacity and emotional energy.  Until things calm down a little bit you just might see a parade of socks and equally simple items.

Comments

Bonnie said…
Love em! Lucky (and smart) girl!
Shelda said…
We do love us some Opal! And that's a very funny story there. Who would kow that you could hold socks ransom?!
My friends Mom cuts her worn foot off the sock and reknits a new foot. You could just cut the toe off and reknit the toe for the socks that your kids outgrow. In my family - we hand them down though! I just finished a pair of knee socks for my son (who is 9), so I understand. For years he would only wear handknit socks and then 2 years ago started to wear store bought. But, now he wants only handknit again. Hummm. Cheers! Evelyn

Popular Posts