Where Has She Been?

You might have been wondering about the Green Woman. She's been remarkably quiet lately...and that's just not like her. As it would happen, all it takes to keep my resident inspirational muse/fairy godmother/pesky creative spirit busy is a big basket of sock yarn leftovers.
In fact, she doesn't seem to care about much else right now.
I must say that I agree with her. The blanket is turning out to be pure fun...and it's helping me to learn to play and relax with my knitting a bit more than I am wont. (Which is, I'm sure, why the Green Woman is so happy with it!)
We've 150 squares, and isn't it a beauty?!
PS. These are from Mom, who developed her own sock knitting habit once she realized how much everyone loved to receive handknit socks. I, for one, am very happy about that because now I don't have to supply the entire family by myself!

Comments

Bonnie said…
I love these photos, with your "palette" of sock yarns lined up, like tubes of paint. It's going to be a stunning blanket!
cathych said…
do you have a pattern for this? It is so pretty.
KPiep said…
To Cathych - The instructions for the blanket can be found at - http://www.shellykang.com/all-about-the-blankie or on Ravelry. If you do a search for sock-yarn blanket you are sure to find it!

Popular Posts