Who Am I?

Traditionally, the first thing I do when I start a new journal is to introduce myself. It's a somewhat ridiculous practice as I am my only audience, but it has nevertheless always felt like the right thing to do.

If nothing else, it's good for a laugh.

It stands to reason that I should also begin this blog with an introduction. Of course, this is also somewhat ridiculous as my current audience is composed of close friends.....but tradition is tradition.

So, Who Am I?

I'm a 34-year-old stay at home Mom to two little girls, and I've been happily married for 8 1/2 years to my best friend from college. While I am very blessed in my family, I will probably not be writing of them often out of respect for their privacy.

Professionally, I have been a nonprofit grant writer, worked multiple retail and customer service positions, herded genius teenagers as an RA for a summer camp, done lots of babysitting and spent my summers as a tour guide/living history demonstrator. That last job was my first - an unusual choice for a teen - and it was the only job I've ever truly loved. I do plan to go back to work in a few years, but am taking my time to explore some options so that I never again have to settle for something that doesn't make me happy.

My real passions include knitting, spinning, reading and writing. I also tatt, occasionally sew, bake more often than I should, grow as many houseplants as time allows and am learning how to draw. When I was growing up, I was often described as having been, "born in the wrong time." Happily, the current movement of creativity and craft have negated that statement. It also helps that I am now of an age where spending time with my handwork is not seen as odd!

Outside of the home, I am active within my congregation of the Community of Christ Church, and with our local spinning and weaving guild. In addition, I am a second generation P.E.O., and last month I accepted the office of president for my chapter.

I once had a therapist tell me that I was very, very good at everything I do - but that included both the good and the bad. I think that sums things up quite nicely.

This is as much of a nutshell as I can make it, and now that it's over with we can move on to the more fun things.

Comments

Popular Posts